Well, I had so much fun last year participating in the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom, that I knew I definitely wanted to join in again this year! It was really great to meet some new bloggers and have new visitors to my blog, so I’m excited about who I’ll meet this time around!
This year, I made my first attempt at creating & editing a video, so you can watch me as I give you a small glimpse into my life or read the list of things about me below with some links to some other blog posts on my site that you can check out. (The video is just under 10 minutes, so I apologize that it’s so long! If you don’t have time to watch it – I totally understand!)
- My name is Jacquie and I am a Christian work-at-home-mom who is expectantly awaiting the return of Jesus to the earth! I am married to my amazing husband Joe and we celebrated our 6th anniversary this last January. You can read about how we met & got married here.
- I have a very active, mischievous and rambunctious 3 year old son named Justice who adds much drama to life – I love him to pieces, even though he drives me a little crazy at times! Here’s his birth story.
- I have a beautiful, sweet and sensitive 1 1 /2 year old daughter named Rayah who loves to dance and drape clothing around her shoulders and who is learning how to be a troublemaker from her big brother. She is pudgy and extremely squishable and you can read her birth story here.
- About 3 weeks ago, I had my first (and hopefully last) miscarriage. It is obviously still fresh and I am still processing all my emotions about it, but Jesus has been faithful to carry me through as I am grieving and healing. Though I was only 5 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy, it was still a difficult loss. We decided that our baby was a girl and we gave her a name that was made up by our son – Ezana. I guess she just couldn’t wait to go be with Jesus in heaven, so I can’t say I blame her, though I do miss the opportunity to get to hold her and know her in this life.
- I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and we have had an especially cold and long winter this year, so we are just now starting to finally see some signs of spring! Though the weather has its downfalls, since we’re nearly at the exact centre of Canada, I am thankful that I don’t need to worry about earthquakes or tsunamis where I live. We have a lovely home near a small river with some beautiful trails in the forest, so I’m looking forward to enjoying them again as the weather warms up!
- If you watch the video above, you’ll see that we’re a family that loves music! Though we can often be out-of-touch with what’s current in the music scene, we love to create our own music and our home is often filled with singing, dancing, drumming, guitar and/or piano playing, etc.
- Since my maternity leave ended last October, it has been interesting trying to balance the roles of part-time computer programmer and full-time mommy to two busy toddlers! I’m definitely thankful for my iPhone that has helped me stay organized, but I find it is a challenge trying to give your best to two different jobs at the same time. However, I’m very thankful for the flexibility my job provides me and that I am able to stay home with my kids!
- I have been blogging on and off for over 6 years and I really enjoy it, but I find it so hard to find the time to blog as often as I would like. I don’t know how some of you moms do it when you are have way more on your plate than I do! I find myself blogging mostly about my kids and various product reviews, but my real passion is to blog about Jesus and how amazing He is, so this is something that I hope to do more.
- Though I am an incredibly amateur photographer and I seem to only be taking pictures with my iPhone lately, I do love it and I’m doing a 365 photography project this year, which you can view here. I’m kind of like my mother and am a little bit obsessed with capturing every moment on camera so I can remember and relive it forever – perhaps this is because I have such a terrible memory?
- I think prayer is the greatest way we can impact our world, so I love being part of Sanctuary House of Prayer, where we get to intercede to God for Him to come and transform our hearts & our city with His love and power. I participate as a worship leader on piano and as an intercessor and we also host a weekly prayer meeting in our home.
- I love Starbucks Cinnamon Dolcé lattes and Chai Tea lattes, McDonald’s fries, cottage cheese rolls, sweet potato fries, hot spinach & artichokes with cheese dip, Barq’s rootbeer, and milk!
- I am passionate about seeing God bring justice to the earth – life for unborn babies, adoption for the orphan, freedom for those caught in human trafficking, provision to the poor, protection to the persecuted, healing for the sick, peace for the war-torn, etc. etc.
- Here are a few random favorite posts: The Oil of His Name, Love Letters #867, My Favorite Cookies, The Fear of Pain, I Love My Fist, Our Mission Statement, Maternity Photo Shoot, and Rayah at 4 months.
So, now that you know a little bit about me, feel free to browse around, leave a comment and introduce yourself!
I would also love to offer a prize to everyone who’s reading! If you win, I will give you a choice of a $20 gift card for either Starbucks, the iTunes store, or Amazon. To enter the draw, simply leave a comment below and I will do a draw after the Ultimate Blog Party is over, on April 9th at 9:00 am Central Time. Make sure to include your email or twitter handle so that I have a way to contact you if you are the winner! To earn extra entries, you can leave an additional comment for doing any of the following:
- Subscribe to my blog
- Follow me on Networked Blogs
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on twitter
- Tweet about this blog post
- Visit my 365 Photography Blog and come back here to tell me which is your favorite photo.
For all the places to find me on the world wide web, visit my profile at http://about.me/echoinghim